Business Case Studies and What’s Achievable
With over 23 years (in 2020) of business mentoring experience the case studies could almost fill a book so below are a few case studies and results that stand out. Many clients don’t want their results known publicly so that can make it hard to showcase some of the best results achieved.
Some case study examples where clients didn’t want their industry or name mentioned include…
- A direct sales company was stagnant at $1.5 Million revenue with a 5% net profit margin. The year of attending the Academy of Business Mastery they hit $10 Million in revenue with a 14% net profit margin.
- In 2002 a client wanted to leave his commercial building business and buy a video store. He was recommended to buy a kitchen renovation company instead, with some assistance in picking the right one. He found one for sale for $120,000, which he negotiated down to $70,000 of which half was vendor financed. In the next twelve months, he implemented systems and set the business up to hire a general manager, which we did, then he stopped working in it completely six weeks later and went around the world for two months. Two years later he ended up selling it for $350,000.
- An electrical contractor business in Townsville had the owner working 80 hours every week. He reluctantly started the one on one business mentoring program, thinking he was far too busy to be talking to anyone about his business, but in 10 months he had applied all our strategies and had set his business up to be operating smoothly by his team, then move 780km away to live with his family while he renovated properties. He didn’t go back to Townsville for over five years, while his business operated without him.
- During the GFC in 2009/2010 a Brisbane building industry business with a revenue of $362,000 had just seen the net profit drop to a loss of $240,000 in the financial year. By analysing the P & L and identifying some decisions six strategies were identified to be implemented, none of which involved any marketing or a cost to the business, the strategies were related to use of resources, staffing and financial management. In the next two months, the business was ‘turned around’ to a $360,000 net profit in the month.
- A cabinet maker on the Sunshine Coast was referred by their accountant. It was operating at $1.8 Million revenue with a -7% net profit, so a loss of $126,000. A bunch of strategies were introduced to be able to sell more, at much higher prices. After ten months we had prepared the business for a general manager, hired one and at the time the net profit was at +10% or $185,000. Within two months the net profit had doubled to $362,000 with the business running on autopilot with its general manager. This turnaround literally saved their business and home.
- In 2001 a client had just purchased a blind manufacturing business in western Sydney, where he started the business mentoring program. Soon after we realised why the previous owner had sold, all the staff had terrible attitudes and one day the owner reported that collectively they demanded a 20% pay rise or they would all quit on the spot. He gave in to their demands while we worked on a full recruitment system to attract great attitude employees. Unfortunately when you have a ‘rotten bunch of apples’ a new apple (person) will be sploit by them. That meant having to sack a person as soon as a new one was hired. The business ended up having a 350% staff turn over in the year, however, in the end, a great bunch of positive attitude employees were operating the business while the owner stepped back to work part-time on the business. The saving grace was implementing strategies to sell more at higher prices so that even though there were big delays, production stoppages, staff let downs etc. the big profit and cash in the bank saved the business from failure.
Great results have been achieved in all industry sectors – retail, wholesale, manufacturing and service as well as importing businesses and include one business that was operating across all these industries. Feel free to ask or inquire more about results that may have been achieved in your own industry or one similar.
Video Interview Case Studies with Business Owners
Below, you may find some inspiration from a few business owners who generally weren’t happy with their business and life as a business owner, so they decided to do something about it.
You’ll hear about their specific, tangible results in the video in their businesses and also in their personal lives, which is the most important aspect of business improvement.
Achieving greater happiness in both business and life for clients is our number one goal!
What could your business achieve, if these businesses achieved these great results?
These are real businesses you can look up online and have websites with their addresses.
What if all of these results were similar to ones your own business could achieve… would that be worthwhile to at least explore?
Introducing Chris – electrical contractor
No. 1 Challenge? Stagnant growth and low profitability
Chris now works a 4 day work and takes two month holidays overseas regularly, while his business keeps growing smoothly, without him.
Jo & Brad – software development company
No. 1 Challenge? Low Profitability and Cash Levels
Jo and Brad solved their cash flow challenges and feel more fulfilled in their lives.
Alan – powder coating company
No. 1 Challenge? Lack of confidence and clarity to scale his business
Alan enjoys a business where working is optional now. His general manager runs it and he can choose to go to work, holiday or stay home to be with his family.
Martin – electrical contracting
No. 1 Challenge? No freedom, feeling owned by his business.
Martin saw his company Net Profit increase from $550,000 to $1.29 million in one year and then took 6 months off to holiday while his business operated without him.
Milton – plumbing industry
No. 1 Challenge? Poor cash flow and stress
Milton turned stagnation and stress into surplus cash in a matter of months. Now he doesn’t think about his business any more at home at night or on weekends.
There are some of the countless results of clients seen for over two decades.
What result would you like to see achieved with your business in 3 to 8 months from now? What can you imagine it to be?
Why not start moving in that direction today? A phone call to find out more is all it takes to begin.